About uploading a photo

Rommeo

I let my members to upload their photos,

I m using the script I coded which checks the file extension, if the file extension is "jpg"

( if ($this->url['type'] == "image/jpg")) and less than 600kb it uploads. Otherwise it gives you a warning..

What I wonder is, do I face any unwanted results about this later ? Like someone uploads a virus or script then execute it and do something ?

I let my members to upload their photos,

I m using the script I coded which checks the file extension, if the file extension is "jpg"

( if ($this->url['type'] == "image/jpg")) and less than 600kb it uploads. Otherwise it gives you a warning..

What I wonder is, do I face any unwanted results about this later ? Like someone uploads a virus or script then execute it and do something ?

if you are filtering the results to only allow image mime types, along with some other filtering, your code should be pretty secure.

take a look here

if you are filtering the results to only allow image mime types, along with some other filtering, your code should be pretty secure.

take a look here

What may be the other filtering ?

The one I m doing is not enough ?

By mime types I think you meant "mime_content_type()" ?? 

take a look here

What may be the other filtering ?

The one I m doing is not enough ?

By mime types I think you meant "mime_content_type()" ??

Size, possibly name, and making sure that $_FILES[]['error'] is clean as it states in the link I gave you.

For basic mime filtering, yes, however I normally like to group the valid mime types into an array and compare the array to the $_FILES[]['type'] value, saves some coding.

mime_content_type will return a string containing the mime type of the file yes, but that function is not needed here since you are already checking the mime type via comparison operator.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.