bored

Skatecrazy1

copy and paste the below code and have fun (i was bored)

[code]
<?php

function h1($arg)
{
echo("<h1>$arg</h1>");
}

function br()
{
echo("<br>");
}

function generateRandTime()
{
$randhr = rand(1, 12);
$randmin = rand(01, 59);
$times = array("AM", "PM");
$shuff_arr = shuffle($times);
if(strlen($randmin) == 1){
echo($randhr.":0".$randmin);
} else {
echo($randhr.":".$randmin);
}
echo " ".$times[0];
}

function generateRandomWeapon()
{
$weapons = array("candlestick", "rope", "knife", "revolver", "pipe");
$shuff = shuffle($weapons);
echo($weapons[0]);
}

function generateRandomSong()
{
$songs = array(
"Amazing Grace",
"Taps",
"Dust in the Wind",
"Angel",
"All My Tears",
"Be Not Afraid",
"Bullet the Blue Sky",
"Easter Parade",
"Emily",
"Face to Face",
"Going Home",
"Goodbye",
"Home Free");
$shuff = shuffle($songs);
echo($songs[0]);
}

function generateRandomAttendance()
{
$att = rand(10, 50);
echo($att);
}

function generateRandomSuicides()
{
$deaths = rand(0, 2);
echo($deaths);
}

h1("Your Eminent Demise");
echo("You die at ");
generateRandTime();
br();
echo("You are killed with a ");
generateRandomWeapon();
br();
echo("At your funeral, the song \"");
generateRandomSong();
echo("\" is played.");
br();
generateRandomAttendance();
echo(" people attend your funeral.");
br();
generateRandomSuicides();
echo(" people commit suicide because of your death.");

?>[/code]

[quote author=steelmanronald06 link=topic=113052.msg459196#msg459196 date=1162062163]
i think he is trying to start one of those games where you take the code he made, edit/add to it, and repost it
[/quote]

hey that sounds like a cool game! omg you're useful afterall! ;D methinks I shall start a game thread for that.

[quote author=tomfmason link=topic=113052.msg459596#msg459596 date=1162146335]
[quote author=redbullmarky link=topic=113052.msg459415#msg459415 date=1162113467]
"Web 2.0 expert"
[/quote]

LOL..

I really hate that saying. Web 2.0 is about the dumbest thing I have ever heard..
[/quote]
yeah. it's not the term itself, its the bandwagon that people jump on. "that's web 2.0, that is! oooh look at that AJAX!".

reminds me of really old people at the bus stop (excuse the ageism here, but i'm talking facts - at least in the UK lol) - every time you here a story on the news with a "media-coined" term, guaranteed you hear the conversations at the bus stop like:

"oooh, all those weapons of mass destruction!"
"oooh, my great grandson taught me to surf that information super-email thing"

i'm sure you get what i mean without elaborating further with more examples. basically its all about bandwagons and being sheep, a knowledge one-upmanship,  and it's annoying ...

Dude!  Like Web 2.0, is like totally, like gonna be like the next big wave or something, like totally!

That is what I think of when someone says Web 2.0.  Some surfer dude with a limited vocab (i am a surfer but it doesn't apply to me ::)  ) who added a cool twist to an already invented move and stuck a new name on it because a few things were changed up.

[quote author=Skatecrazy1 link=topic=113052.msg460352#msg460352 date=1162265587]
what in hell are you guys talking about... ?  web 2.0?
[/quote]

You didn't hear? Microsoft released a new version of the Internet! Unfortunately, it isn't supported by Mozilla, so we will have to start using Internet Explorer again...  :(

[quote author=448191 link=topic=113052.msg460392#msg460392 date=1162277309]
You didn't hear? Microsoft released a new version of the Internet! Unfortunately, it isn't supported by Mozilla, so we will have to start using Internet Explorer again...  :(
[/quote]

That is MicroShaft for you..LOL

[quote author=448191 link=topic=113052.msg460392#msg460392 date=1162277309]
[quote author=Skatecrazy1 link=topic=113052.msg460352#msg460352 date=1162265587]
what in hell are you guys talking about... ?  web 2.0?
[/quote]
[/quote]

LMAO
well in fact, we laugh now, but would anyone put it past them given a chance?

The web can't be versioned. The Internet Protocol can (and is), but the web is a more general term. Compare it to a term like "The International Community". How much sense does "The International Community 2.0" make?

Sure, if Microsoft would get full control over ICANN and every influencial organization, they would probably manifest their monopolist attitude. But there still wouldn't be versions of the Internet and web.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.