display data

jagguy

Hi,

I have a mysql table i want to to display in a table format on a webpage using php.. One field is a comment field and can have up to 500 chars. What I want is to be able to click on that field (a link to the comments)then display it somehow.

Should I click on comment and the comments appear on a seperate page or in a popup window or what is a good way?

We can't tell you what "looks best." That's up to you.  Everybody has their own personal tastes.  I'm not trying to be difficult; we're just not mind readers, nor do we have the same tastes.  Just sit down and consider what you "need" your script to do, and get that done, and then build to make it do what you "want" it to do.

[quote author=Crayon Violent link=topic=113100.msg459816#msg459816 date=1162189146]
We can't tell you what "looks best." That's up to you.  Everybody has their own personal tastes.  I'm not trying to be difficult; we're just not mind readers, nor do we have the same tastes.  Just sit down and consider what you "need" your script to do, and get that done, and then build to make it do what you "want" it to do.
[/quote]
I realize this argument but i asked for opinions. It is wiser to ask people who have done this before instead of waisting time with things you may not be aware of.

That's why i come here, so no offence.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.