Create a php file like an ASP.Net *.dll file?

tinwakr

Hi Everyone,

Is there any way to "hide" or encrypt PHP code and allow usage after doing so as if it were the actual php file? What I would like to do is be able to access a PHP class file like an ASP.Net dll file. I have been reading some documentation on various PHP obfuscating/encryption techniques and it seems pretty complicated, and some need to install modules on the server in which most hosting companies won't. Is there an easier way to do something like this, if there is a way at all?

Thanks in advance for any and all information.

Chuck

Thanks for the fast reply ManiacDan.

I am creating an WebPage class that I am going to use to design websites, I will have to include this file when I give the completed site to customers and I do not want them to be able to modify the PHP code in the original class file. If they wanted to they could create additional pages.

Chuck

So, I can still use it as if it weren't encrypted:

<?php

require("name of encrypted file here");

class NewPage extends Class
{
//write code here
}

$newPage->displayPg();

?>

Without needing to install any modules or any other software on the server? :confused:

Thanks,

Chuck

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.