Most Technologically advanced country

The Little Guy

Which country do you think is the most technologically advanced?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Which country do you think is the most technologically advanced?

• Canada
    • China
    • Japan
    • Russia
    • United Kingdom
    • United States
    • India
    • France
    • Germany
    • Switzerland
    • Australia

Me and my friends were talking and we got into a debate about which country has come out with the best technology, technology that has changed the way we live. This is overall NOT a particular field.

Yes, Japan makes phones, but they probably didn't make the operating system that comes with it, since now most are android (but not all) so can you really say that they are strong in the phone field?

Europeans have created the Large Hadron Collider which is supposed to re-create "The Big Bang" on a smaller scale.

The United States have had men walk on the moon.

Note: I didn't list all countries (obviously) but I tried to list the ones that are may be known technology.

Please explain your explanation

Thanks!

The solution to this debate isn't to ask a bunch of people who have the potential to be biased and uninformed. If anything, the poll will represent the biggest misconception or popular opinion. You should do some research.

The solution to this debate isn't to ask a bunch of people who have the potential to be biased and uninformed. If anything, the poll will represent the biggest misconception or popular opinion. You should do some research.

Talk about Mr. Buzz Killington

I recently saw a news clip that listed China as number one due to the high rate of technology increases. It stated they have better school scores, faster internet, faster technology adoption, etc. You can't believe everything on tv, but it made sense to me.

Also, there's a tiny country that I think needs to be at least mentioned. I saw a report once on Estonia that claimed they have free country wide wi-fi, no capital gains tax (or income tax, can't remember which one) and huge tax breaks for technology companies. I don't remember exactly, but it said something like 90% of their government was under the age of 40 or something like that, so they have a young government that embraces the technology age.

I find it offensive too. I mean in Transformers, it was not Japan who found them, it was the United States. So Transformers should be considered American.

How rude.

Eh, most Transformers were just repackaged Diaclone toys.  The Japanese designation fits.

That picture is hilarious!

The internet and the first electric motor were both invented by British people, ergo we win. :D

Do you mean the web? Tim Berners-Lee invented the WWW, not the internet.

Australia doesn't make the list? We invented the boomerang! makes hunting so much easier while riding our kangaroos.

Didn't you guys invent the rotary washing line too? Where would we be without those, eh?

I think networked computers were invented in the USA? Unless you count an old school telephone as a computer (which I doubt), then networks were invented in  Scotland, although the idea was stolen from an Italian inventor.

I think the greatest invention is language; seeing as it gives us the ability to share knowledge - and we all invented our own language individually, with the exceptions of USA and Australia which stole ours.  :o  lol

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.