Upload script with resize & Uploadify

arbitter

Hi there.

I'm making an album-upload-thingy. So far I've written the script that uploads an image, changes it's name, makes some directorys, makes a table, and inserts the image name in the table. Here's the script:

<?php
if(isset($_POST['addAlbum'])){
if(empty($_POST['naam']) || empty($_POST['urlnaam'])){
	$_SESSION['melding'] = 'U hebt niet alle verplichte velden ingevuld!';
	header('Location: ward/fotos');
	exit();
}
$naam = mysql_real_escape_string(htmlentities($_POST['naam']));
$urlnaam = mysql_real_escape_string(urlencode(str_replace(' ','',strtolower($_POST['urlnaam']))));
mysql_select_db('dyfemtaw_fotos');
$result = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM albums WHERE naam='$naam'")or die('result:' .mysql_error());
$result2 = mysql_query("SELECT * FROM albums WHERE urlnaam='$urlnaam'")or die('result2:'.mysql_error());
if(mysql_num_rows($result)==0 && mysql_num_rows($result2)==0){
	mysql_select_db('dyfemtaw_fotos');
	mysql_query("INSERT INTO albums (naam,urlnaam) VALUES ('$naam','$urlnaam')")or die('insert' .mysql_error());
	mysql_query("CREATE TABLE $urlnaam(
			`id` INT NOT NULL AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY ,
			`photoid` BIGINT NOT NULL ,
			`type` VARCHAR( 5 ) NOT NULL ,
			`description` VARCHAR( 200 ) NOT NULL)")or die('create: '.mysql_error());
	mkdir('fotos/'.$urlnaam);
	mkdir('fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/large');
	mkdir('fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/thumbs');
	//getting the extension of the file
		$filename = strtolower($_FILES['bestand']['name']);
		$exts = explode(".", $filename);
		$n = count($exts)-1;
		$exts = '.' . $exts[$n];
	$newname = rand(111111,999999) . time();
	$targetpath = 'fotos/' . $urlnaam . '/' . $newname . $exts;
	mysql_query("INSERT INTO $urlnaam (photoid,type) VALUES ('$newname','$exts')")or die(mysql_error());
	if(move_uploaded_file($_FILES['bestand']['tmp_name'], $targetpath)) {
		$_SESSION['melding'] = 'Het bestand ' . basename( $_FILES['bestand']['name']). " is geüpload.";
		exit();
	}else{
		$_SESSION['melding'] = "Er is een probleem opgetreden.";
		header('Loaction: ward/fotos');
		exit();
	}
}else{
	$_SESSION['melding'] = 'Deze naam is al gekozen.';
	exit();
}
}
?>

So what it does:

• Check if the name of the database exists (name of the database is user inputted)
  • if not -> insert in the 'albums' table that album and it's name. From the urlname, make a new table
  • make directorys for the large (600px) files and the thumbnail (120px) files
  • get the extension of the file
  • make name of file with a random number and time()
  • insert the file name and the extension in the newly made table with the urlname of the album
  • move the file

So what I still need to do is resize the image twice; the large one (600px) should be stored in the album/large directory, the small one should be stored in the album/thumbs directory.

And then, I need to find a way to implement this to Uploadify, so I can allow multi-uploads :P

Also, I'm not quite sure my script is safe; I mean, it can make the database and still fail to upload the image, which ofcourse isn't good is it...

The script seems to work good, but something rather weird is happening. This does work:

Resize_Image($fullname,$fullname,600,600,'fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/large/','fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/large/');

but this does not work:

Resize_Image($fullname,$fullname,120,120,'fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/large/','fotos/'.$urlnaam.'/thumbs/');

even though the thumbs folder does exist...

And another problem is: when you insert ' and " in the names ($_POST['naam'] and $_POST['urlnaam']), the values do get inserted into the 'albums' table, but there is no table made... Is there a function that strips things so they can be a table name? So I need something that cleans ANYTHING to something that can safely be used in a link and as a table name...

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.