Client issues...!

tomfmason

Here recently I have had several clients low ball me and then when we agree on a price they try to add more work on top. This is really starting to make me angry. I used to just tell them that was not part of the deal and would wind up doing it anyways.

Just today I kind of lost my cool after the client sent me a revised layout three times and each time I had just finished with the previous. The whole time none of this was part of the original agreement.

I guess that is post more me venting then anything..lol

Anyone else have this issue or have had this issue?

Thanks,
Tom

Everything gets agreed to up front.  If you're giving in and doing extra work for no extra compensation, or your agreement is so broad that it doesn't account for additional modifications, then shame on you.

[quote author=ober link=topic=113148.msg460150#msg460150 date=1162237496]
Everything gets agreed to up front.  If you're giving in and doing extra work for no extra compensation, or your agreement is so broad that it doesn't account for additional modifications, then shame on you.
[/quote]

You are 100% correct in that it is my fault. However, my contracts are anything but broad. I am very precise in what I am going to do and the price for it. I guess I just get the used car salesman or something.. These past few clients have been slick..lol

Anyways, I wound up going back over the contract with him and showing him were what he wanted was in no way a part of the original agreement and that I was going to charge him for the extra time. I was fair in my rate but he thought that was unreasonable so I canceled the contract.

Thanks,
Tom

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.