file upload

Deserteye

[quote author=Destruction link=topic=113159.msg459697#msg459697 date=1162158988]
File uploads require POST method to be used and links use GET.  It cannot be done unless I'm misunderstanding what you're asking.

Dest
[/quote]
you know how you can type in a link to an image on photobucket or imageshack and it will upload it to your gallery.. how would I do that?

Okay so what you actually mean is to download an image to your server from another site?  Often called transloading (site->site).  You may want to look at the File Handling section of the manual particularly file_get_contents, or the fsockopen etc.  I'm on a bit of a flyby visit but if I get chance in a bit I'll post an example up to get you started if needed.

Dest

[quote author=Destruction link=topic=113159.msg459912#msg459912 date=1162209581]
Okay so what you actually mean is to download an image to your server from another site?  Often called transloading (site->site).  You may want to look at the File Handling section of the manual particularly file_get_contents, or the fsockopen etc.  I'm on a bit of a flyby visit but if I get chance in a bit I'll post an example up to get you started if needed.

Dest
[/quote]
yeah thats wut I mean. an example would be great if you could. I'm not to sure how I would do it.

Here's an example directly from User Comments on the File Handling Functions section of the manual.
[code]
<?php
$url = "http://nu-imaging.com/catalog/"; // here we have redirect to /catalog/1/
$fp = fopen($fp);
echo fread($fp, 1024); // we get content of /catalog/1/
fclose($fp);
?>
[/code]

If you wanted to store it, you'd be best storing fread in a variable instead of echo'ing it.  The principle is the same.  However, you will need to have the allow_url_fopen ini option enabled.

Hope this helps, sorry for the delay,

Dest

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.