Just revamped my website.

ryanfilard

It's alright.  Not great.  The background is hugely distracting.  The content areas should stand out more and be better defined and I shouldn't have to scroll so damn far to get to the content.  Your header area is freaking huge.

• 5 weeks later...

It would be good if you can increase font size of widgets heading.

Think about using some different background. Such as http://www.retailmenot.com/

But in little bit bright color.

There is some space between your logo and main menu, think about reducing it.

Your 404 error page looks messy.

Also create sitemap of your WP :-)

• 4 weeks later...

I think it looks awesome.  I'm not a fan of the black bar at the top considering you have the exact same links somewhere down the page.  I also think the links in the footer look ugly.  It may be the padding or margin, I don't know what's throwing me off from liking it.  Maybe add a hover effect to the links changing the background, that would look really good.

Oh yeah, there is a random search bar in the middle of the page handing off the right of the layout, half in the main wrapper and the other half is hanging out into the background. 

Besides that everything looks great, good job.

• 4 weeks later...

The template is not the best seen by me ... but is ok. Also considering that the site is personal then I have no problem with it.

One problem though: the search box exits the templates margins. Probably you did some modification to the template and that is why this problem.

• 4 weeks later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.