php freaks sopa/pipa acknowledgement

hey guys,

I just wanted to write quickly and let you know that I like what the phpfreaks team has done to acknowledge these human rights intrusive bills, it hits home and proves a point, and most likely isn't too far off from what most social interactive websites would look like if one of these bills was passed. Well done.

If SOPA were to pass, that blackout screen we added would be a very real possibility. It's scary to think that, but it's true. If one person were to post a link to a site that had a copyrighted song (even if it was a link to a Youtube video or something), our site could be blacklisted for a while. The theory "guilty until proven innocent" is what these bills are trying to say, when it should be the other way around.

If you live in the US, contact your representatives, tell them why this is so wrong. Don't know where to go to do so? You can use the link we provided to Google's page.

Don't live in the US? Encourage your American buddies to stand up and fight these bills. These bills will still affect you, even if you don't live in the US.

Not even linking to it. If anyone were to even write about torrenting or reference a movie or a site that is not kosher (which could just have 1 copyright infringement from an image) that site can be taken down just for even discussing the matter.

It is much, much worse than people seem to think. It is disgusting.

Not even linking to it. If anyone were to even write about torrenting or reference a movie or a site that is not kosher (which could just have 1 copyright infringement from an image) that site can be taken down just for even discussing the matter.

It is much, much worse than people seem to think. It is disgusting.

exactly.  Since they want to put the  burden of proof is on the website owner, they can just see someone talking about it and shut them down until proven otherwise. 

• 2 weeks later...

If anyone posts stupid crap, I will personally beat the crap out of you. This place has been my home for a while, you better not ruin it.. *erm* KingPhillip.

wtf? Random, retarded, and should get you banned.  If only you could ban retarded people who post stupid shit like you just did...but then we wouldn't have a forum. Oh well I guess.

*premiso ignores phpSensei

EDIT: And for the record, it's been our home longer.

wtf? Random, retarded, and should get you banned.  If only you could ban retarded people who post stupid shit like you just did...but then we wouldn't have a forum. Oh well I guess.

Speaking of people we need to ban.... :o

lol he/she ?  took my joke so seriously, Premiso, chill.

And if it was your home longer, you would have a "i can haz cool title?" under your username

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.