mail() with remote smtp on linux not windows

nand

this issue is not about core php hacking, but I guess this topic fits here best.

I want to make php mail() function send emails using remote smtp server. I want to force this to all mail() users at my servers. However I use linux php so I cant specify remote smtp in php.ini cause php passes emails directly to sendmail/qmail ... (ps. I dont need script to use with remote smtp by socket connections, i want to make MAIL() do it so my users dont have to change anything at their source).

So what I need is

a) MTA like sendmail that actualy dont send mails to repicients, but it transfers it to remote mta-smtp (ps. I dont want relay, cause I dont want relaing to be visible in source of message)

or

b) some core hack-mod to make php mail() with php.ini work like on windows - not with sendmail/qmail but with socket connection to smtp.

Any ideas.. I guess not

• 5 years later...
Hey,

Read your little question. What you want to do is in download the Zend_Mail class. And the make a script like this:

[code=php:0]
<?php
require_once('Zend/Mail.php');

$config = array(
'auth' => 'login',
'username' => 'you@gmail.com',
'password' => 'gmailPassword',
'port' => 465
);
$transport = new Zend_Mail_Transport_Smtp('smtp.gmail.com', $config);
$mail = new Zend_Mail();
$mail->setBodyText( "email message" );
$mail->setFrom( recipientEmail, recipientName);
$mail->addTo( $email );
$mail->setSubject('form submission');
$mail->send( $transport );

[/code]

have fun

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.