What should a junior web developer know?

Andy-H

That's 54k in GBP, that must be for a senior?

That is just the average overall. Though in reality, most people probably earn closer to 60k. I guess the high rollers drag the average right up, though it's not uncommon for a decent developer to earn 6 figures, myself included.

Yeah, I don't think I'm quite at that level lol I've had no education in programming (unless you count Visual Basic on a BTEC national lol), just what I've picked up, starting with editing mafia games :S and a GREAT deal sponging from the minds of great programmers on here, and Programming PHP (co-written by Rasmus himself) helped a lot, among other reading material.

I haven't learned any frameworks yet, but I know if I want to progress in my career, I need to do so. I also consider my OO PHP skills to be reasonably poor, I don't really have any hands-on experience. I have attached an API class I started writing recently, it's no-where near finished, and I have changed the code to obscure the objective behind it as it was my friends idea. Let me know what you think.

//Edit, forgot to edit .htaccess, lol

I have also recently found out that I was incorrectly using PDO::rowCount() as an alternative to mysql_num_rows

17459_.zip

Got 16, asked for more and said "every PHP developer job I look at offers around 20k" my bosses reply: "Well how much experience do they require, you've only been here 10 months" so sounds like I can get another in the future but I'm semi-happy. Thanks for all your help :)

only october just gone, however i am moving to london to try get better wage, i earned 27k there 10 years ago, not quite sure what happened ol. (well i do but i wont bore you with details). they dont want me to leave until end of april, but as mentioned earlier i can work from home 24/7 for 2 and a half months! result!

in my times i heard them called a bluey (they used be very blue notes) or a lady godiva (rhyming again) . I havent heard of the Jackson.

a tenner is an aryton (senna)

all good stuff to know, i might go ask for a payrise myself with this new knowledge ;)

google tells me all the answers here: http://www.aldertons.com/money.htm

there are some great ones on there:

commodore = 15 quid = three times a lady (godiva) 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.