getting a query field to display as a hyperlink

Plamph

Hi,

I am new to the boards and php and mysql.

I have created a database and can add entries via a form. I can query the database with another form and get the results to display in a table.

All good so far as that is what I was hoping to achieve but one of the fields I want to display as a hyperlink but I am having problems with the syntax as I keep getting errors when I try to wrap the variables in  <a href > tag.

<tr>
<td><?php echo $fquery['prefix']; echo $fquery['website']; ?><?php echo $fquery['website']; ?></td>
</tr>

now that displays e.g. http://www.example.comwww.example.com.

so I feel I am nearly there I just need advice as to how to construct a hyperlink from the fields queried.

Hi like normal HTML but when you need to break into the php variable to break the html with apostrophe + comma then after the variable back into the HTML with comma + apostrophe

echo'<a href="',$fquery['website'],'">',$fquery['website'],'<a/>';

Hi like normal HTML but when you need to break into the php variable to break the html with apostrophe + comma then after the variable back into the HTML with comma + apostrophe

Except you use periods not commas.

Except you use periods not commas.

commas are fine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.