Viral Video Site

renfley

maybe a viral gauge with viral percentage ranking... how you determine this figure is up to you.

as for layout, I think the video container '.postbox' needs more padding.

I would have a lighter grey for the background, put the top right ad center middle just below search bar and line up the ads in the right hand column.

My suggestion would be to firstly make your "Viral EH!" heading larger and the subtext beneath smaller, right now the size is very similar, even with the difference in font weights I can feel the two headings fighting for dominance.  Change your black text to white where it reads "newest videos," the contrast between your background and the text itself is far too low, this makes legibility a problem.  Other than all of that I'd say make sure everything is lined up nice and straight. As for the background.. that's a lot of plain ol' boring grey! why not add a slick texture that's around the same value of grey like this one http://ethenyl.deviantart.com/art/Black-Texture-100608349 offered for free from ethenyl on Deviant art or check out lostandtaken.com!?

Cheers

Nicole Dennis

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.