My Connection Disappeared?!

ok, so i created a mySQL connection, saw the tables, created a recordset yadda yadda.

however, DWMX2004 made the code look so bulky, i took out a few extra snippets, anyway, the php file works fine, however dreamweaver no longer "sees" the connection. It does not show up in the Databases panel anymore. So I decided to click the plus sign to create it again.

when i tried to recreate it, it gives me the error message:

"Cannot create new Connection because the file already exists. Please rename either the connection or the file." -- If it knows the file exists, why doesn't it show up??

The problem with this is---I don't want to create a new connection, i don't want to rename any files. The original connection file still exists and works fine, but because it doesn't appear in the panel, I can't create any new recordsets using it....

HELP!! Anyone encounter such a problem?

Sounds like you stuffed up your mmServerScripts. Redo your site setup, and check that your db_connect.php file in the Connections folder is all in order, and then try and re-add the connection.

If that doesnt work, and only if it doesnt, delete the mmServerScript folder from the root of the site and redo your site setup from scratch.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.