Lenovo Laptops G Series

tendouser

I'm using a G570 atm, I've had it since September of 2011.  The only thing that has happened so far is that the hinge near the power button broke and I had to send it in for repair.

It seems to run OK.  It's nothing special really.  I'm pretty sure I've used some Gateways and HPs that performed better than this laptop.  Regardless, it was quite cheap when I got it, so I get what I pay for I guess.  ~$430

My biggest pet peeve with Lenovo is their technical support.  No matter which number you call for support, you will be given another number to call.  Also, I found out that there are two completely separate support offices for the Thinkpad and Ideapads.  If you call the thinkpad number and so much as mention G Series, they will forfeit their assistance immediately and tell you to call the Ideapad center, an office which typically has no native English speakers.  Also, if you ever send your laptop in for repair, stay on their ass about it.  They shipped it back to me via 2-day Fedex, but I found out later they sent it to the wrong city.  I had to call Lenovo back to request they change it to the correct one... to my surprise, they got it wrong again.  It wasn't until Fedex finally called me saying the address didn't exist that i was able to resolve it.  Nontheless, it took WAY more than 2 days to get it back, it was close to 7.

One more pet peeve I have about their support service.  If you have the limited warranty, then no matter how many times you call to use it, they will incessantly ask you to upgrade your warranty.  Every CSR I talked to (which was not a native English speaker) spent the majority of their time trying to sell me more warranty rather than help me use my current one.  When I repeatedly told them I wasn't interested, they started offering me employee discounts.  So if you're looking for a good discount on an extended warranty, ... pretend you don't want it and you'll get 15% off most likely.  I didn't have the money to accept the "great deal" they offered, but my argument was that I haven't even used my warranty once at the time and now they're offering me more it.  It's almost as if they were selling me a newspaper one section at a time.  So after paying to get the front page, they try to sell you the others before you've even read the first one.  It's absolutely the worst support service I've ever witnessed.  Even the online chat is useless, because the person on the other end is automated.  Either they are automated, or there is some asshole issuing macros upon seeing a certain word, like "hardware"

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.