Help with a website name

DonaldFaulknor

In desperate need of some help naming my site.

It's a social networking site.  I would appreciate it (but not necessary) if you registered, verified your email, then log in, and browse around for the best suggestion.  If you don't feel like doing that...

Like I said, it's Social Networking... themed around Whiteboards... the status update option is a whiteboard background, with handwriting type of green font, the update status submit button is a green dry erase pen, the delete status button is a dry eraser, etc.  But... everything I could think of is already registered.  I would much prefer a dot com over anything else.  I would appreciate (but not necessary) if you can check the availability of the suggestion using godaddy or some other registrar service.

here's my site... http://inyoursocialnetwork.netne.net

If you do happen to register and login, please feel free to critique the website and tell me what you think.  DO REMEMBER: it's still under construction, some expected features (messaging other users,etc.) aren't available, but plan to be soon - very soon.

I thank anyone for the help, it's much appreciated.  I'll repost what suggestion won.

Well, how should I introduce the site?  Here's the thing...

why should you join my site versus Facebook, MySpace, etc.

Facebook for starters, poses too many limits.  For example, if you request 7 friends in the same day they block friend requests for two days, a 2nd offense is 7 day block, and a 3rd offense is a permanent deletion of your account.  Same rules also apply if you have too many friend requests TOTAL that have gone unanswered.  I've allowed users to add an "Anyone can add" or "Limited" options available.  As long as you're adding people with "anyone can add" option, you can request as many as you want.  The limited option, is currently set to take away the friend request option, plan on changing that so the person requesting has to know the last name or email of the person. - like MySpace use to do.

Another thing I don't like, is all the games and the fact that there are SO MANY posts to friends pages.  This dilutes real status messages.

What I hate about MySpace is that it's entirely way too cluttered and because of this, causes slow page loads.

I "kind of" branded these with the slogan, "Reducing Limitations, Increasing Fun".

And the uniqueness I've implemented with how you write on your "Whiteboard" using the marker and deleting messages with the eraser.  I think adds fun to the simple task of posting updates.

P.S. Still need a name.

Thanks Very Much.

why not just call it whiteboard?

ok so on registration my username is restricted to 5 characters and i wanted to have Nick (its my name) but i had to settle for nicky. not a good start for a slogan 'Reducing Limitations, Increasing Fun'

telephone is required field which i feel isn't a required field. but it let me enter 3456 so if its important enough to be a required field, it should be checked to have a valid format.

really dont like the bright red input for the login panel. never received my email to activate :(

well, whatever I call it, I want a dot com to be available.  Unfortunately whiteboard.com is taken, so is many other similar options.  The only similar halfway descent ones available are whiteboardme (meaning, write on my whiteboard) and whiteboardsocial.  Other than that, I have nothing.  And when I say nothing, I mean, I've tried probably 30 to 50 possibilities, all of which dot coms are taken.

Did I seriously not check the telephone format?  That's funny, I'll fix that.  And I'll be changing telephone to an optional field.  And as for requiring a particular number of characters for username, I really don't know any website that doesn't have a similar restriction.  I registered on a website not too long ago that BOTH my password AND username required at least 2 alpha, at least 2 numeric, AND at least 1 special character.  My username was set to DonaldF1982@ - believe it or not, Donald1982@ was already taken.

But I am definitely open to your suggestions.  What do you think the minimum username should be set to?  For aesthetic reasons, I want to avoid usernames such as "A" or "CDA1" - too short, probably doesn't mean anything, probably used by spammers, possibly used by stalkers.  Although, limiting the username doesn't stop those people, at least it could help to filter them out.  I'm hoping to work on a smart system that automatically detects weird, short, or unusual usernames and send those people emails to verify their account via text message/phone call - a feature I hope to be available in the future.

Another thing, I need to figure out how to limit each person to one personal account and one business account - yes, a limitation, against my slogan.  But this isn't a limitation posed on using the site under your account, it's just, in terms, a limitation of registering.  No need really to have more than one personal and one business account.  Whereas Facebook, I have quite a few, back when I use to play games, the more accounts, the better gameplay, but I don't have the games options that would benefit from multiple accounts.  I'm thinking of checking for matches in first name, last name, birth year, and ip address.  Unless you're a twin with the same name living in the same house, you would have to lie in order to create another account.  One thing that's impossible to check for is honesty.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.