FastCGI One At A Time?

Im getting into fastcgi and im really loving the possibilities but from my point of view it looks pretty linear like it can only process one thing at a time? Is that true?

Im worried if I server up large files would it have to wait for one to finish before the next one starts? I would use fcgi to send files because I need to add a security layer.

I know im on phpfreaks but I posted in the other software section im not talking about php im talking about fastcgi and fastcgi uses the same process for multiple requests thats where my concern is does it have to wait for the first request to finish before it moves on to the second one?

I've never used FastCGI so I'm not well versed in it.  This is just my understanding of the process, not sure on it's accuracy.

uses the same process for multiple requests thats where my concern is does it have to wait for the first request to finish before it moves on to the second one?

FastCGI does re-use the same process for requests yes, but it does not use the same process for all requests.  It will spawn several processes which all process requests as they come in.  FastCGI will distribute the requests among all these processes as they come in so there shouldn't be any, or much anyway, waiting around for requests to complete.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.