realtime script

BluwAngel

Once the Page has been generated and handed off to the browser for rendering, PHP is done.  At that point anything you want to do either requires the use of javascript, or a page reload via clicking a link or submitting a form.

So basically, no, you want javascript.

ps i did look for solution on ajax but its complicated and i dont understand that one tutorial i found

is it possibleto generate code like this in php then

i need to have 2 dropdown menus

now i nee to seet if i choose value 7 in 1st box in second box needsto be generated one variable and if i choose any other number i generate from 0 to 59

You need to do this one of two ways:

1) Generate all possible secondary select lists on page load, and use javascript to only show the correct secondary select list. Good solution if there are only a small number of secondary select lists. If there are more, you need solution #2:

2) Use ajax to grab the data and create the secondary select list on the fly.

#2 may be difficult, but you either have to figure it out, or do what the rest of the world does - hire someone who can do it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.