Stupid question

KevinM1

The order of your declared columns really only matters to you. Keep in mind that whatever order you create your columns in is going to be the default order of values for INSERT statements as well. With this in mind, order doesn't necessarily matter as long as you keep track of what order to insert you values.

[quote author=obsidian link=topic=113366.msg460601#msg460601 date=1162311235]
The order of your declared columns really only matters to you. Keep in mind that whatever order you create your columns in is going to be the default order of values for INSERT statements as well. With this in mind, order doesn't necessarily matter as long as you keep track of what order to insert you values.
[/quote]

Ah, I should've phrased my initial question better...  ;D

I'm wondering about the [i]attributes[/i] (like auto_increment, not null, etc) -- is there a certain order they're supposed to go in after the column name and datatype have been declared?

[quote author=Nightslyr link=topic=113366.msg460613#msg460613 date=1162311969]
I'm wondering about the [i]attributes[/i] (like auto_increment, not null, etc) -- is there a certain order they're supposed to go in after the column name and datatype have been declared?
[/quote]

Not that I know of. I'll leave the precision of this answer up to fenway, though ;)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.