Comments about my site

rick001

Hi, I just recently built my service page where i offer SEO and web design services, Would want to know what you guys have to say abt it. any suggestions or ideas to make it look better or just your views would be good. here is the link www.techbreeze.in/service.htm

The site has no consistency; you have random fonts and colours all over the place. The header looks completely different to the footer. The buttons in the header have a white background around the corners. Comic Sans!? Looking at the source: you have an invalid doctype, tons of in-line styles and about 6 blocks of Google Analytics code.

Sorry but, design-wise I could easily let you off. Selling SEO services with rubbish mark-up though? I wouldn't hire you, to be brutally honest.

(Please take this as constructive criticism by the way. I'm not trying to put you down, but it's the opinion people will have with half a clue about websites.)

OK i worked on Validating the page and have repaired most of the bad markup but i cant understand what to do abt attributes like -

<iframe> proprietary attribute "allowtransparency"

this one is coming from the facebook like box. or this

<script> proprietary attribute "data-cfbadgetype"

this one is coming from cloudflare my CDN. Need help regarding that also any suggestions regarding what you think would be good for the header or the footer is welcome.

OK, it's back up now.

There are directives in the php.ini file that control error logging/reporting, display_errors and log_errors control whether errors are logged or displayed, and error_log specifies the file to be used as the log file. Apache needs to be able to write to that file, and you should have a way of rotating log files and deleting old ones automatically so you don't inadvertently use all your disk space storing error logs.

• 4 weeks later...

I like the banner and navigation, but when a menu item (home, chat, web design, etc..) isn't selected, the borders on the left and right look out of place and ugly. When a link is selected or hovered over, it looks great.

The side area on the right needs actual content, that looks messy and incomplete.

The links in the footer need to be changed, the dotted underlining of text looks ugly.

Everything else is great, good job.

uggh idiot cloudflare !!!! could u plz clear ur cache once and reload the page if u still get the error let me know and i will just deactivate cloudflare. Its something wrong on their part my server is really online and that website not available msg just pops out randomly, if u use a VPN and change ur current ip the page will work fine, they say they are working on it any ways do reply

you still getting that error well may be i will shutdown cloudflare for a while but it would be very helpful if u could give me the following data so that i can take it up with cloudflare

• a traceroute
  • your IP
  • where you are connecting from

if you are interested send me a mail at rick@techbreeze.in with those, if not plz let me know either way i will shut down cloudflare for a while so that you can take a look into it. I did try to incorporate all the changes u talked about. And if you are wondering why not shut down cloudflare right now, it's coz if are willing to give me those data then I would need them while cloudflare is active no use of having them with it turned off.

Looking forward to your reply

Thank you creata.physics i am sorry i kind of had overlooked ur comments earlier and didnt get to reply, its only now that i noticed that u had taken the time to give me some valuable suggestions. Thanks and i will take a look into that, as i have said earlier, ur views no matter if its good or bad really is important and helps me improve, so thanks a ton and dont mind this late reply of mine to acknowledge ur views

Dont wish to piss on your fire, but this about honest opinions...

If i were you, from what i have seen i would drop seo altogether and concentrate on your strong points.

If i were looking for seo services i wouldnt go with you having looked at your page. Not due to any seo you might have done, but due to design.

In my humble opinion, the page looks broken, the "onsite seo"box doesnt quite line up with the "off site seo" box at the bottom.

Why does the "complete seo" box sort of overlap the others and is longer and is, well a mess?

No need to throw your higher priced service in my face, i get it already.

Regards to actual seo,  i dont think you are ready to charge folk money for this.

I would be very suprised if your site ranks in the first 500 pages on google or any other search engine for the search term "SEO" or "search engine optimisation" in the forseeable future.

honest opinions are always a plus i didnt ask for critique just so that i can hear some good words and suit my ego. By the way which browser are u using coz i dont see any problem with the pricing boxes and that highest paying service is highligted coz it is the complete package and as far as ranking goes the page currently ranks 186 in the 6th page of google for the keyword "Free SEO" and as you can see the service isnt yet active else i wouldnt be asking for critique. I will start my link building once the page is ready, i already rank 3rd in the frist page of google for my other service namely "free php chat" might want to take a look into those rankings.

P.S :- that info "186th rank on page 6" is courtsey of IBP rank tracker

ya i saw that myself too just after replying to ur post, a 301 redirect caused me that loss but i guess it will bounce back so i am not worried much. My page was at /chat.htm which has been redirected to /chat.html and then to just /chat so ya it will take some time but i am ok with it. Though i read google webmaster blogs which said that a low amount of link juice will drain but it wont mostly change my rankings so it's a bit of a setback to see my pages with contents like "chat setup" and "chat specification" is ranking higher than the actual chat page.

hey merylvingien just wanted to let u know that my site is back on the first page and ranks in 3rd position of google.co.in for the keyword "free php based chat rooms" and 4th for "php based chat rooms" on google.com i currently rank 6th for the keyword "php based chat rooms" Told you i will bounce back idiot 301 redirect lost me lot of link juice. Neways have a nice time :)

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.