Viewing data from QUERY

phppup

I know that I can fairly easily pull my data from the database and view it in a browser.

I can also 'polish' it with some HTML or put it into a table.

Can I get an item from a given VARIABLE to appear inside of an INPUT box, so that it looks the same as when it was initially submitted?

Can it be done with a multiple choice SELECT dropdown, so that the item chosen is viewable again?

I was gonna try something like that, but i GREATLY appreciate your response.  As a newbie it's VERY reassuring to know that something should work BEFORE attempting it.  Now if I run into trouble, I can at least feel confident that the effort is worthwhile, rather than the concept being impossible.

Thanks

Ohhhhhhh, rest assured, I AM!!!!!

Just noticed that certain numeric inputs in the database are shown as 3.00 and others as 3.  Then I realized some fields were SMALLINT and others were VARCHAR.

I try not to post unless I'm really stumped, or short of time (because of the HOURS LOST chasing wrong solutions... LOL.  Nonetheless, I am enjoying the process.  Even at 3AM!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.