Meanie thorpe (Was: Re: making both a public and private user profile page)

trq

Split from http://www.phpfreaks.com/forums/index.php?topic=354292

using google does not equal someone not being able or not wanting to think.  Have you ever used Google? yes you have.

I wasn't having a dig at you. Just people in general don't seem to want to bother thinking.

Your last post for instance (now I am having a go at you).

maybe this is right?

echo "<a href='viewProfile.php?userPage='. $currentUser.  '>View Profile</a></strong><p> </p>'";

LMAO!!

I think this is the right one.

echo "<p> </p><strong><a href='viewProfile.php?userPage=".$currentUser."'>View Profile</a></strong><p>&nbsp</p>";

Is it really necessary to post this on a forum looking for help? Maybe I'm just blinded by experience, but you yourself have 700+ posts under your belt. It's not really that hard to figure out that a string that starts with a double quote needs to end with a double quote.

you obviously don't remember my username Thorpe. you just deleted my previous thread and replaced it with MOVED" someone elses thread here". You have done nothing in ALL of my previous thread but put nasty comments in, about my number of posts, etc. You come on at about 3 in the morning my time and start posting crap on my threads, i have had enough of you. next admin comes on i am reporting you , enough is enough. if you are offended by my threads and post number  keep it to yourself.

i just pray you are not the owner of this site

I assure you, I have not removed any of your threads recently. I think someone might be paranoid.

As for my previous reply, I don't see anything wrong with it. It's not rocket science.

I shall try and stop stating the obvious in future.

Fairly or unfairly, we do take into consideration a member's post count and time spent here into consideration when it comes to our replies.  Generally speaking, if someone has been here for 3.5 years and has 700+ posts, we assume they've progressed to the point where the difference between single and double-quoted strings is no longer a mystery to them.  Similarly, we assume they have an understanding of how conditional statements (if/else) and sessions work, and how they can be used together.

i thought about starting another account but I am too lazy to hide my ip. how many posts i have , does that offend you personally? i am not sure why i still am crappy at php. I know i did take like a year or more away from it, and when i came back could not remember much. but either way, my number of posts, is that your personal and important business? when you judge a person on the forums, do you say to yourself "well this guy have 1k posts and is asking a dumb question, let me not help him and send him an insult" after all i am the guru moderator here.

i am going to try to start a new account now despite of this websites monitoring and displaying everyone's ip which i think is lame.

internet can cause many mis understandings, anyway have you got it working now?

does the edit profile page double check against a session variable, or can i just change the querystring to profileUpload.php?username=notme-someoneelse

thats where the security needs to work

**stop posting everytime i submit theres a new post making my response less and less relevant  :P**

you obviously don't remember my username Thorpe. you just deleted my previous thread and replaced it with MOVED" someone elses thread here". You have done nothing in ALL of my previous thread but put nasty comments in, about my number of posts, etc. You come on at about 3 in the morning my time and start posting crap on my threads, i have had enough of you. next admin comes on i am reporting you , enough is enough. if you are offended by my threads and post number  keep it to yourself.

i just pray you are not the owner of this site

I just went through all of your threads back to the end of August of last year, and with the exception of this thread, throrpe has posted in exactly ONE of them.

i thought about starting another account but I am too lazy to hide my ip. how many posts i have , does that offend you personally? i am not sure why i still am crappy at php. I know i did take like a year or more away from it, and when i came back could not remember much. but either way, my number of posts, is that your personal and important business? when you judge a person on the forums, do you say to yourself "well this guy have 1k posts and is asking a dumb question, let me not help him and send him an insult" after all i am the guru moderator here.

i am going to try to start a new account now despite of this websites monitoring and displaying everyone's ip which i think is lame.

Making another account would be a bad idea.  See rule 15: http://www.phpfreaks.com/page/rules-and-terms-of-service

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.