4 levels of 'relationality' (is that a word?)

glennn.php

"because you assumed the client knew what they wanted upfront"

a clue might have been found IN MY VERY FIRST SENTENCE OF THIS THREAD, "my first mistake was assuming my client knew what he wanted" or something to that effect.

get off your high horse and consider helping people instead of pointing out their faults. there was a brief moment in your life where you, too, didn't know everything on the planet.

get off your high horse and consider helping people instead of pointing out their faults

I have helped a lot of people in my time around here. Don't you get on your high horse either. I don't owe you anything.

and if you really cared about actually being solution-oriented you'd read past the stuff that only relates to YOU and maybe offer a pointer in why my query is returning duplicate results.

You want to GROUP BY ch_id

no, you certainly don't, but as an Administrator you owe your viewers a modicum of respect and the benefit of the doubt or else you're in the wrong business.

Zane, who knows probably half what you do, was eager to offer help instead of assumptions. from his posts i'll learn a lot.

of course, from yours i learned some things, too. like to go to devnetwork next time i need help, and to advise others to do the same.

Zane, who knows probably half what you do, was eager to offer help instead of assumptions. from his posts i'll learn a lot.

I'm not sure where you get the assumption that I know more than anyone else comes from. I would definitely consider Zane to be a highly skilled developer, and by all accounts, he is likely a more skilled developer than myself. My gripe was with people without skills charging for it.

of course, from yours i learned some things, too. like to go to devnetwork next time i need help, and to advise others to do the same.

Of course you are welcome to do so. The fact that phpfreaks is the biggest php community around however should be enough to keep you coming back.

Look, let me offer you an apology. I don't like to rub people the wrong way enough for them to not want to be a part of our community, I do however like to get my points across. I'm sorry I had a dig at you, you can see by the response you got from Zane however that we are not all as hard assed as myself.

If we leave this thread at this, I assure you I will not reply to any of your future requests. Sorry.

you assumed a grasp of what i know and don't know, and it's largely because you reacted without REALLY reading my first post, which was clear enough.

you don't know me well enough to pass such a judgement. this is clear in your assumption that it will bother me if you do not reply to any of my future requests.

on the contrary. your kind of help i don't need.

you assumed a grasp of what i know and don't know, and it's largely because you reacted without REALLY reading my first post, which was clear enough.

I read you post. You have completely missed my point.

you don't know me well enough to pass such a judgement. this is clear in your assumption that it will bother me if you do not reply to any of my future requests.

I was not assuming it would bother you. On the contrary, I was using it as part of my apology simply to let you know that you wont have me bother you any further.

I'm gong to lock this, it's getting out of control and the topic seems to be solved.  There's no point in flaming for pages on end.  If you overlooked it, thorpe threw out a some information for ya

You want to GROUP BY ch_id

If thorpe has bothered you that much, the best you can do is ignore him.  This is the internet, phpfreaks is not a business, and ultimately, we all have no debt to pay to anyone here.  Thorpe has apologized, just let it be.  BTW, I'm no peacekeeper in any way or form.  If this were real life, I'd just let you argue it out until you both ran out of breath.  I'm locking this because it is beyond the scope of "help" anymore.

Also, in thorpe's defense, I have to point out that without him, phpfreaks would be down and/or empty right now.  Of course that's no reason for sanctimony, but I definitely appreciate what he has done for the community.