Which site is best for coding help?

Alexander_john

If you are learning from scratch, I would say look into nettuts for lessons, specifically look for an author named "Jeffrey Way". He has made some of the most comprehensible and user friendly tutorials I have ever seen, on a broad range of subjects. My claim is debatable, of course, but look into it, you have nothing to loose. As far as PHP assistance goes, through out my search, I found phpfreaks.com to be the most active and responsive forum out there. Not to mention the exceptional community and quality of the responses I have received so far. If you are looking to specifically learn PHP and MySQL, look into a book called "PHP Solutions Dynamic Web Design Made Easy", it is an amazing introduction for beginners, unlike many books out there, it doesn't make the assumption that you know what you are doing, thus it explains each step in depth.

Last but not least, Google is your friend.

My technique was basically to look through every post in this forum and try out the posted code for scenario's I understood! I then changed part of the code to see what changed in the output.

I also found the basic tutorials on Tizag useful as a starting point.

Steve

PS. I never brought any brownies in and now feel guilty. Where should I send them?

My technique was basically to look through every post in this forum and try out the posted code for scenario's I understood! I then changed part of the code to see what changed in the output.

I also found the basic tutorials on Tizag useful as a starting point.

Steve

PS. I never brought any brownies in and now feel guilty. Where should I send them?

you sifted through thousands and thousands of posts trying out the code for each one? Impressive..

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.