Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SkyRanger

Tree Menu

Can somebody please have a look at this.  The Problem I am having is that only 1 entry for each month goes into the tree and for the life of me I can't figure out why.

$queryyp = "SELECT YEAR(date) as year, MONTHNAME(date) as month, title FROM monsterpost ORDER BY date DESC"; // query to get the rows you want in the order that you want them, with the year and monthname specifically selected as well
$resultyp = mysql_query($queryyp);
$last_heading = null; // remember the last heading (initialize to null)
while($rowyp = mysql_fetch_assoc($resultyp)){
$new_heading = $rowyp['year']; // get the column in the data that represents the heading
$new_subheading = $rowyp['month']; // get the column in the data that represents the subheading
if($last_heading != $new_heading){
	// heading changed or is the first one
	$last_heading = $new_heading; // remember the new heading
	$last_subheading = null; // (re)initialize the subheading
	// start a new section, output the heading here...
	echo "<ol class=\"tree\"><li><label for=\"folder1\">{$rowyp['year']}</label> <input type=\"checkbox\" id=\"folder1\" /></li></ol>";
}
// subheading under each heading
if($last_subheading != $new_subheading){
	// subheading changed or is the first one
	$last_subheading = $new_subheading; // remember the new subheading
	// start a new section, output the subheading here...
    	echo "<ol><li><label for=\"subfolder1\">{$rowyp['month']}</label> <input type=\"checkbox\" id=\"subfolder1\" />";

}
// output each piece of data under a heading here...
echo "<ol><li class=\"file\">{$rowyp['title']}</li></ol></li></ol></li></ol>";
}

move $rowyp = mysql_fetch_assoc($resultyp) out of the while statement and vardump $rowyp and see what it says and post it... other then that i dont see any thing that stands out...

k, I am dumb as a brick.  If it wasn't for PFMaBiSmAd helping me with the initial PHP code.  I would still be pulling out my hair to figure it out.  Does anybody know where I can find a tutorial to even start to try and figure out what I need to do.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.