Help with my new project

eroc8785

Hello I am new to the forums and this is my first post :)

A little about me, I have played around with php time to time but don't know how to code it, I can modify it and use scripts and what not but I can't find a script that I wan't to do this

I wan't to be able to upload and file share site without using mysql and using cookies instead to keep track of user's upload's without having them to register a account, I don't want a user management system for this I just want them to be able to upload a file and it keep track of their upload's(I can set a limit of course), and be able to share the direct link to their friends for them to quickly download it. 

I need to know what steps I need to do and how to start basically and if anyone can help me out. 

Thank you PHP Freaks

So you don't want to use an RDBMS and you want to somehow use cookies to keep track of user uploads.

Sounds terribly inefficient and I don't see it working.

How will you separate each users pictures if each user does not have a unique id?

Where will you store the images?

I want something similar to Filehold.net but with added stuff and what not for my own personal use.  Check that out.  The site is down at the moment it seems to always be down for some reason this is why I want to make my own like this

You just hit the nail on the head and hammered it in one blow Muddy.

@eroc - Your best route is to use a RDBMS or ORDBS (although there's no great need for it). Don't try and manage everything through cookies which may get destroyed.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.