I need a text editor like Notepad++, with file explorer

I don't need a debugger, and I don't need anything large such as Eclipse or Notepad++ (although I like Eclipse) because I need something very light. Something like ConText, but I had troubles with encoding in ConTexT. Maybe it's just a problem of me not knowing how to use ConTexT properly. It can't read UTF8 without BOM.

There is a thread with a list of editors in the Miscellaneous forum, you could check it out for suggestions.

I personally have been using Edit+ for years and am very happy with it.  Brief feature list (that I personally use and like):

- Syntax highlighting for several languages

- Lightweight without a lot of useless features

- Good UTF-8 support

- FTP/SFTP built in

- Hex editor built in

- Brace matching

- multi-document

- Regex find/replace

- Find in files (searches all files in a dir for a string/regex)

- Split windows

• 2 months later...

There is a thread with a list of editors in the Miscellaneous forum, you could check it out for suggestions.

I personally have been using Edit+ for years and am very happy with it.  Brief feature list (that I personally use and like):

- Syntax highlighting for several languages

- Lightweight without a lot of useless features

- Good UTF-8 support

- FTP/SFTP built in

- Hex editor built in

- Brace matching

- multi-document

- Regex find/replace

- Find in files (searches all files in a dir for a string/regex)

- Split windows

kicken:the problem with this is that it doesn't support auto complete application.

I find most of the time either it does not auto-complete correctly or not in a manner that I like.  The only type of auto-complete I like is one that is an auto-suggest and will let you tab to complete (Visual studio does this).  Pretty much every other editor I've used, disabling auto complete is one of the first things I do as it tends to be more frustrating than it is helpful.

For what it's worth, Edit+ does support auto complete (read the features on the site).  I didn't put it on my list because I don't use it.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.