PHP Get file size and post Dynamic

Khaelyx

Ok so I have someone needing me to write a php page(s) to basically check the current size of a file in a directory and display the current size and max allocated size then create a dynamically changing image to reflect those parameters(i.e. pise chart, bar graph, etc.) all called to an intranet page.

I work at a business where we upload OS images to a server file but that file is only allocated so much space. The problem we are running into is that we do not know when the space is full until all of our uploads fail. :-\  We are attempting to create a visual representation of that space so that we know when to purge the space of the old temporary images.

I dont even know where to start on this :shrug:.. would someone please point me in the direction of some code that would get me started on building this project? I have exhausted my efforts on Google and other PHP pages.. I am new to PHP so I may already be in over my head but I am adventurous and will try anything. :shy:

Thanx in advance  :)

Khaelyx

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.