Social media intertwined with the forum

Hi team,

I am new to this forum, only have 9 posts. I was unsure where to post this but this looks like the optimal place to request this. It might really need to go to the SWF team if so let me know.

I would like to see (if it's not already implemented and I don't see it) is these posts and forums tied more closely to social media. I mean I think a forum is not just about random people answering questions, that's why there are certain forum titles; such as Guru, Freak, Insane. These titles play a big part in the value of their post or reply. I believe a simple tie to their Facebook or twitter pages/names could for one bring more PHP inspired users to the forum, bring more valuable knowledge to the forum (not saying what's here is not enough but more the merrier), will increase the knowledge across the general public of what and how php works, and it can grow a deep, more personal relationship between "gurus" and novice users which can in the end can help grow and expand the PHP community.

It's a simple request that might be placed in the wrong area, however I would like to see how people and other users feel about this.

Thanks for your time and looking forward to your feedback :)

AlgidDes702

You could include a link to your facebook/twitter/whatever pages in your signature if you want.  There's actually a spot in your profile to put in your facebook url.  I don't think there is any need for any kind of integration beyond that.

I for one am very much opposed to this social-media, share everything I do, link everything I have together move that seems to be taking over the internet.  Not sure how the rest of the community feels on the subject.

Yeah, I don't feel the need to link my Twitter and/or Facebook accounts to my PHPF account.  I don't want to always be at another's beck-and-call.  I don't want to develop a personal relationship with newbies.  I've tried one-on-one online help a few times in the last few years, and it always ended badly.  Why?  Because the newbies - without fail - would become greedy.  They expected me to be their primary source of information, not a supplementary one.  I don't wish to repeat that experience.

Above and beyond that, I want to keep some separation between my personal and professional lives.  Web development is what I do.  It's not who I am.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.