contact lense question

sphinx

Hello,

I've recently signed up with Specsavers for Ciba Daily Disposables All Day Comfort. I heard that I can get them cheaper online, but actually I'm suprised, I cannot find them considerably cheaper, which I'm suprised about as I thought that opticians would stick a massive margain on them!

I pay £22 per month for a month supply (60 lenses). I don't mind paying it as it seems reasonable.

When I have my current contact lenses on (-0.75) vision is improved when I put glasses over the top, text is clearer and distance is improved. Would it be worth me trying (-1.00) as I thought that if my vision was 20/20 glasses should not make a difference.

Could someone also explain why specsavers are so competitive?

Many thanks for reading.

I used to wear contact lenses, they fused my eyelids shut and were swollen, after the optometrist (which made an emergency call for me from golfing on a Sunday) dumped acid in my eyes and bandaged me.

3 weeks later the bandages came off and I was totally blind and saw nothing but black for a week. (That's scary)

For about 3 months after that it was like someone smeared vaseline into my eyes and slowly washing away, eventually I could see ok again, but to this day the bright lights hurt my eyes.

The doctor never seen anything like this, I wore contacts for years prior, will no longer wear contacts.

I used both extended wear and daily wear over the years I wore them, I even wore my glasses a lot to let my eyes breath, always uncontaminated solution and the utmost care. I even had my solution tested and was fine, I would have liked to test the contacts but the acid took care of those.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.