Fleet vehicle tracking

Andy-H

Just finished our demo fleet tracking software, http://demo.phantominsight.co.uk, any feedback/feature ideas welcome and much appreciated.

If you don't understand how to use something on there, please let me know, the plan is to add video tutorials under a help menu, but that's not implemented yet.

If you find a bug please could you post your browser, browser version and operating system too, thanks.

The car has great contrast and can be picked out easily. The van and the truck seem to blend in a little with the white background of the map. IMO, they should also be similar sized icons, and possibly change to a standard marker at a far enough out zoom level.

Also, maybe you should show the vehicle's 'device name' when you mouse over it?

The car has great contrast and can be picked out easily. The van and the truck seem to blend in a little with the white background of the map. IMO, they should also be similar sized icons, and possibly change to a standard marker at a far enough out zoom level.

Also, maybe you should show the vehicle's 'device name' when you mouse over it?

You can change the icons by clicking on the settings tab and changing the "Device icon" option, it won't save the updates on the demo system but it does on the proper system, the designer drew the icons in photoshop, so I will need to speak to him first.

You mean like a normal google maps marker? That could work, I know the giant icons are useless at high zoom levels lol

The device name should come in a tooltip after about a second hovering? Or do you mean instantly in an info window?

What did you think of the application? Did you check out the Journeys and reports and stuff? Also you can add custom locations on a right click.

Thanks for the feedback.

The device name should come in a tooltip after about a second hovering? Or do you mean instantly in an info window?

I'd do it on single click. It's really preference, and something the user would get used to anyways.

The reporting is cool for sure. If I was the user, I'd prefer it in an HTML table, with the option to download into an Excel file.

One thing I noticed, if you use the time machine, then change the Distance settings under Admin->Account Settings, the car will start moving in a straight line to where it is at present time, I think.

You should also use a different colour for active/inactive tabs.

Ahh OK, I'll implement that tomorrow and I'm sure we'll get some feedback.

Yeah, I suppose we've got issues if the user doesn't have spreadsheet software, that one will take a while :( lol

lol thanks, overlooked that one, originally updating account settings logged users out, thanks :)

I take it you mean like when you click on journeys? That's an easy one :) I'll sort that out.

Thanks again =D

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.