Enforcing Quotas on Dovecot

titan21

Hello,

I have been looking at enforcing quotas for users of my mail system (postfix and Dovecot v1.2). Have tried to follow a few tuts on the web but its not having the desired effect. Essentially I can still send and receive mail on an account that I believe has had its quota exceeded.

In my main.cf, I have:

userdb sql {
         args = /etc/dovecot/mysql/dovecot-mysql.conf
}
passdb sql {
         args = /etc/dovecot/mysql/dovecot-mysql.conf
}

and...

protocol lda {
        mail_plugins = quota
}

protocol imap {
        mail_plugins = quota imap_quota
}

plugin {
        quota_exceeded_message = You have exceeded the maximum quota for your mailbox
}

the dovecot sql (mysql) file has the following query for pulling out user ids and quotas etc:

user_query = SELECT maildir, mymailuser as uid, mymailgroup as gid,concat('maildir:storage=',quota) as quota FROM virtual_mailbox WHERE username = '%u'

I have set one of my users to have a quota of 1 (so one byte I believe) so it should be over the limit pretty much immediately.

Looking at the logs I can see that the system is picking up on the quota limit but doesn't seem to enforce it.

Apr 27 10:29:02 deliver(test@testdomain.com): Info: auth input: quota=maildir:storage=1
Apr 27 10:29:02 deliver(test@testdomain.com): Info: Quota root: name=storage=1 backend=maildir args=

Any ideas? Am i missing something?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.