PhpMyAdmin - What's the newest version that doesn't use javascript/ajax?

Jessica

I'm really hating this new interface for phpMyAdmin that uses a ton of modal windows/javascript/ajax stuff. Does anyone know when they started doing that? I'm having trouble figuring it out from their website.

I don't like the modal windows interface, or the ajax features. How do I turn it off?

I am still able to create tables and run queries, etc. In older versions when you create a table you'd put the name and how many fields, and it would take you to the next page. Now, it pops up a modal window to enter the fields. I want the old way.

If you click "create table" on the navigation frame, it doesn't load a Modal window.

As for your question, briefly looking through the changelog shows this for version 3.4.0.0

+ [interface] AJAXification on various pages

So maybe that's a start.

Yeah, I already downloaded 3.3 and it won't let me login as root no password. :/

I was trying to quickly set up Wamp Server but I guess I'll have to mess around with it since it doesn't want to play nice with the older version of phpMyAdmin.

*grumble grumble off my lawn*

I switched back to the newest version, found where to turn off all the ajax in the settings, but I can't get the settings to be permanent.

According to the docs I need to run the create tables script, which I did, and then add the db and table to the config.inc.php, which I did.

http://localhost/phpmyadmin/Documentation.html#linked-tables

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['pmadb'] = 'phpmyadmin';

$cfg['Servers'][$i]['userconfig'] = 'pma_userconfig';

I restarted WAMP but it still says "Your preferences will be saved for current session only. Storing them permanently requires phpMyAdmin configuration storage."

Anyone know what I'm missing?

Why not use a front-end that isn't phpMyAdmin?

HeidiSQL is quite sexy :)

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9185/what-is-the-best-mysql-client-application-for-windows

phpMyAdmin is what comes with WAMP, so I use it because it's there :) I will look into the tool you suggested though. I was trying to get a small project quickly set up, so Wamp Server as it comes was easiest. Now that it's set up I have time to play around with settings and other tools.

Thanks!!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.