is my page the same for all PC browsers, Mobile and handheld devices ?

jason310771

I am kindly asking members to test if my page is showing the same or as close as the same in multiple PC browsers, mobile and handheld devices.

I have inserted an image at the bottom of the page that shows how it shows correctly in my FireFox and IE 9.0, but wish to find out if it is the same in multiple browsers and mobile devices.  The rounded edges are not a big deal as I have already been told that this is not the same in certain browsers. but it is the layout and position of the DIV that I am interested in.

the link to my testing page is

[redacted]/index.php

Please either attach an image or detail what is wrong, if any.

Thank you.

F.A.O moderator;

[redacted]/phpfreaks.txt

[redacted]/phpfreaks.txt

Edited by requinix

You should download the major browsers and check for yourself. Easy thing to do but time consuming. One good thing in your favor is that it validates as good code. One bad thing is it's HTML5 so there is a good chance it won't work in any IE under 9

Thank you for your input in this, yes I could have installed many of them and tried, but so many people have different version and this is where I would not be able to find out, without installing and removing each and every version and testings it, a lot more than time consuming!

I have opted to make this as up-to-date as possible and all menus and JS will down grade gracefully (I hope)

As for not covering the older versions, I had a long think about this and thought if people really wanted the best out the internet that they would keep their pc and browser choice up-to-date also, for them it would only be a single upgrade.

There was one other thing that I had found while asking around other forums that there is a site that allows you to check with all major browsers and multiple versions, this I have only check for recent versons but shall once the time limit expires will be checking the other versions and browsers choices to see what I actually looks like for them.

The only problem that I found that did not work well was the rounded edges on some browsers but shall be asking for a possible solution on the forum later on if I have not found one myself.

Thanks again

Some don't have a choice of browser, like on a company machine.

If you don't care about users with older browsers, or paranoid ones with JS off, it's a fine approach.

Ideally, you'd have a static, feature restricted version of your site for those that choose to not use JS, or have no choice. With dynamic content, it could/should be as easy as providing a different template to your script.

In the end it's your site. If you don't want to cater to the fringe as well, you're welcome not to. It's not a great approach if your want to hit maximum viewership though.

ah yes i do want to cater for all that use different browsers, but could not possibily cater for every version as well.  The site is a very complex site and has a few JS features, but these do down grade to full menus if JS is turned off.

off hand i can not think of the others but they are probably form checking but the site checks again when the forms sent anyway and reports back if not filled in.

The site seems to work ok for a large majority of browsers when tested using browsershot.org, wow what a site.  very useful.  Made a load of tweaks to the site and checked again and now think i have it almost done.

thanks again for your input.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.