Search Engine Rankings

elmas156

Hello everyone,

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, so please forgive me if it's not.

Just FYI, the web domains that I use in this example are ficticious and I am just using them as an example instead of using my actual web address.

Here's my situation:

I'm working on getting recognized on the web through search engines.  My website url is the name of my business, say, "www.coolairdesigns.com," and my business is creating aircraft paint designs.  I know that if I have text and keywords that match what people search for in Google, for example "aircraft paint in Dallas," I have a better chance of being found in the search listings.  However, if someone searches "cool air designs" in Google, my site is the first that comes up in organic listings, making it very easy to be found.  The problem with this is that someone would already have to know that I exist, and be searching specifically for my website for this to happen.  I'm looking at purchasing domains such as "aircraftpaintdallas.com," and "aircraftdallaspaint" so that when someone uses "aircraft," "paint," and "dallas" in their search, my domains would have a better shot at comming up near the top of the organic listings.  What I would do is have some generic text and key words on the pages of those additional domains that would pertain to the searches where people might be looking for a business such as mine.  When someone clicks on my domain, which would come up on the search, instead of seeing the generic text, that ultimately is only there to help with search rankings, they would be instantly redirected to my main site, "www.coolairdesigns.com," using php header(Location:...).

Here are my questions:

Does this sound pheasible?  Would it work for what I'm looking for?  Would search engines regocnize this and consider it "cheating" and somehow block my domain from being shown in their listings?  Any help and/or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Here is a very useful link http://onlinebusiness.about.com/od/searchengineoptimization/a/search-ranking.htm but when all is said and done it all boils down to content. To me all 10 of these factors hinges on content one way or another.

You don't need different names web site names, just the content that people are looking for, also as a note people say key words but many times they're talking about key phrases. Have them on your page, the higher up the better, Like tab title and an h1 title on the page that says Dallas Air Conditioning Service.

When someone clicks on my domain, which would come up on the search, instead of seeing the generic text,

When someone searches for Dallas Air Conditioning Service, they'll see your page title like the one on the tab at the top here and they'll click it and it will go to your site.

Also get people that you do business with to link to your site using "Dallas Air Conditioning Service" not your company name.

Hello,

Regarding the HTML side of things.  Include words that are keywords with a <strong> tag to emphasize to search robots that these are important keywords on the page.  Make sure header tags are used in the appropriate ways too.

When aiming to be number one for a certain search term that is long it is fairly easily done.  When trying to get number one for a broader keyword then you will have competition from other websites on the search engines.  You can have the perfect HTML but if your website doesnt have any extra "bits" then you will not get ranked that well.

These extra "bits" are backlinks.  Try and find directories out on the net which match the keywords genre.  Then place links in these places pointing to your website.  The more you get and the more relevant they are the better!  Go and search for the directories pagerank too as the higher the better.  Also make sure they are not no-follow otherwise its a pointless backlink.

By separating pages out you are probably going to do better as your targetting people a bit more in depth.  Problem is you will need to backlink to all separate pages to get a result.

Don't forget to use anchor text in the link matching the keyword your looking for.

Ian

Thanks so much for your help and the time you both took to reply.  I have gained some great knowledge here, and I feel like I have the information that I need to accomplish my goals... the time consuming part is actually doing what I need to do.  Thanks again!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.