Git user interface?

Hi all,

Not entirely sure if this is the correct forum for this question.

I am relatively new to git and SSH.  After starting a new job I quickly realised that I need to learn this.

I am using SecureCRT to connect to the webserver and have been using commands such as:

git add ...

git commit ...

:qw

./publish

I understand the basic principles of git and committing changes to the server but I can't help but feel that there should be a simpler GUI to do this for Windows7.

Is there a program for windows that would make this process easier to understand?

thank you.

Thanks for the reply.

I am aware of Google but didn't find anything that did the same job of SecureCRT but without the ancient command line interface.

I guess it's just something I will need to get used to until I find the right powerful GUI.

I am aware of Google but didn't find anything that did the same job of SecureCRT but without the ancient command line interface.

Why does it need to use SecureCRT? If you want a GUI for it, you will be using something other than SecureCRT as ssh+git is a valid protocol for git. You just have to set the username / password (or pubkey) in the program. So yea, I would go away from that thinking and look at the gui's jess pointed out.

To save you searching, SO would probably be my recommended resource:  http://stackoverflow.com/questions/157476/what-guis-exist-for-git-on-windows  and from the top answer there, I would recommend: http://code.google.com/p/tortoisegit/

EDIT: Saw you stated that you wanted it to do the same job. The interfaces should do a "similar" job, except provide a GUI.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.