PhP Sites no longer logging into mysql db's

gonzuluz

Hello, I am new here and I did a search but this is kind of hard to find any information for.

I have a vps that I run, two IP's running a few sites. Recently out of no where it seems, none of my php/mysql sites will log into with user names. I will try to explain as best I can.

I tried to install owncloud, and changed the user on that to www-data. but owncloud, was able to sign in and then use it. I then signed out and could not get back in. I there for removed it and tried again and the same thing happened. I gave up, removed it from my server and just gave up. I run a forum on one of my sites for our land games at work, and one of my friends tried to log into that, he couldn't and let me know. I have been searching last night to try and find what happened but no avail.

Now, I logged into the server and look at the owners of the folders for the sites, they all use my name, michael. There are one or two that I have removed that used www-data, I have no idea if this could be the problem or not, I also tried reinstalling the mysql-server but that didn't work. the logs I don't have running but there are no errors opining the sites so i figure they can connect just fine, just any user is unable to log in.

Has anyone seen this before or know what might be going on?

Hello, I am new here and I did a search but this is kind of hard to find any information for.

I have a vps that I run, two IP's running a few sites. Recently out of no where it seems, none of my php/mysql sites will log into with user names. I will try to explain as best I can.

I tried to install owncloud, and changed the user on that to www-data. but owncloud, was able to sign in and then use it. I then signed out and could not get back in. I there for removed it and tried again and the same thing happened. I gave up, removed it from my server and just gave up. I run a forum on one of my sites for our land games at work, and one of my friends tried to log into that, he couldn't and let me know. I have been searching last night to try and find what happened but no avail.

Now, I logged into the server and look at the owners of the folders for the sites, they all use my name, michael. There are one or two that I have removed that used www-data, I have no idea if this could be the problem or not, I also tried reinstalling the mysql-server but that didn't work. the logs I don't have running but there are no errors opining the sites so i figure they can connect just fine, just any user is unable to log in.

Has anyone seen this before or know what might be going on?

HAve you checked the integrity of the data in your users table? Is it possible you may have lost some data during any of the changes you made??

So I have been working on this since I posted, it seems that the php files will not post and not a mysql problem. I am trying to figure out why this might have happened and searching the internets to see what I can do, but so far nothing is working.

So I have been working on this since I posted, it seems that the php files will not post and not a mysql problem. I am trying to figure out why this might have happened and searching the internets to see what I can do, but so far nothing is working.

Can you share some sample code? Also, have you tried log gin in using your mysql command line tool with the username and password that you are supplying in your php script?

• 2 months later...
This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.