steelmanronald06

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

WS_FTP here too, been using it for years.

*whew*!

Finally someone mentioned WS. I have been using it for years and years. I am using WS_FTP PRO now, and it works well with Vista 64. I am on satellite internet (Full time RV'er) which can be very unreliable (lost packets sporadicly) and Dreamweaver's FTP and others seem to hiccup on it, whereas WS can take it in stride. A very simple and primitive-looking program, but it works like a hot-dam and does EXACTLY what I need.

I know I need to change Satellites to Mex5, but I need to do some creative conversations with my provider, and just too lazy to get around to it (and I also need to travel about 1000 miles to make the phone call (it needs to happen in the USA, and I am not there... long story... another time)

-Sel

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

keeb@urmom:# ftp myhost.org

^ best ftp client in the world.

keeB, you might like yafc - it's got the simplicity of the netkit ftp, and it has some few extra features like tab-completion, bookmarks, and directory listing caches. (The caches can bite you if you're using another method of modifying the files at the same time, but the command `cache -c` will clear them out.)

• 4 weeks later...

I've only used SVN on two sites....  (Well 1 project, 2 sites.)  I love using SVN on it though, because it's thousands of files, so FTP'ing would be kind of bleh.

Anyway, I use Filezilla as a client, and usually either Filezilla or Cerberus as a server.  (Never setup a FTP server for public use, so I've never bothered to look into FTP servs much.)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

FileZilla FTW!  ;)    the only worthy successor to WS_FTP  8)

although this is getting kind of tiresome:

Welcome to version 3.x Please report any bugs you might encounter
i like that it updates frequently though :)

i worked for a couple months with a mac developer and he was obsessed with one that hasn't been listed yet: Transmit

must be good.. but then again he's a mac user  ::);D

FileZilla is my favorite FTP Client. But i just hate that sometimes connection lost and i have to connect all over again... :(

I've noticed that too.  Not sure if there's a setting on FileZilla or a server setting to disconnect you after a certain period of time...

• 1 month later...