MySQL and WinXP Help!

Paladin

Hi all, I\'m running Apache 1.3.27(I think?) on my XP home system, and I managed to get PHP to work fine. Now when I go to install MySQL 3.23.56, it installs fine until right before I can finish the installation, when it dies and gives my the \"send an error report\" window. Then, if I run the winmysqladmin.exe program, it never asks for a password and username, and my php scripts don\'t work. Has anybody else had this problem? Can anybody help me?

Now if u had the \"Send Report\" during the installation that means ur installation was aborted.

Now if u can connect to mysql then I guess things must be fine

By default u can get into mysql prompt without a user name or password

now if possible put in ur code and let see if u have done anything wrong.

I guess I fixed it just by hacking away at it for a while. I uninstalled it, then deleted the my.ini, and reinstalled. It still gave the \"Send Error\", but I did a test script, and it seems to be working, so I guess it\'s all ok. I\'ll let you know if I run into any other problems. Thanks!

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.