Seeking reviews of a website of a 9/11 eyewitness and survivor.

avanwhy

Even after ten years, I continue to share my story of 9/11 when given an opportunity.  I’m creating this website myself for people who might be looking for a 9/11 eyewitness to tell his/her story (particularly among high school and college students).

I am looking for honest, constructive comments, suggestions or corrections.  My hope is that the site conveys the sincerity and integrity of my commitment to keeping the history of that day alive so please feel free to offer any of your thoughts or opinions.

The site hasn't gone "live" yet.  It is on a temporary URL which you can find here Even after ten years, I continue to share my story of 9/11 when given an opportunity.  I’m creating this website myself for people who might be looking for a 9/11 eyewitness to tell his/her story (particularly among high school and college students).

I am looking for honest, constructive comments, suggestions or corrections.  My hope is that the site conveys the sincerity and integrity of my commitment to keeping the history of that day alive so please feel free to offer any of your thoughts or opinions.

The site hasn't gone "live" yet.  It is on a temporary URL which you can find here http://gator7-avanwhy-primary.hgsitebuilder.com.

The specific areas I'm interested in getting response about are:

(1) Your initial impression when the Home page first comes up.

(2) Does the information on the Home page interest you enough to want to know more and explore the site further?

(3) Is navigating through the website easy and understandable?

(4) Do you find any links that are not working?

(5) Is each "category" (i.e. Speaker, Author and Playwright) explained fully?

(6) Which of the above mentioned categories would you, yourself, be interested in?

(7) Your opinion on the overall design.

(8) Do you like the color scheme used and the font and font sizes?

(9) Do you find the website tasteful; given the subject matter?

(10) And, lastly, any grammar or punctuation errors?

1 Your initial impression when the Home page first comes up.

It's a bit bland and gloomy looking, people who like to read articles want it easy on the eyes

2 Does the information on the Home page interest you enough to want to know more and explore the site further?

No, to many it's old news and is thousands of sites about it with piles of information. Yes it was a sad time, but I'm all 9/11'ed out.

3 Is navigating through the website easy and understandable?

Seems simple enough.

4 Do you find any links that are not working?

They appear to be working.

5 Is each "category" (i.e. Speaker, Author and Playwright) explained fully?

Not even sure why you have these sections/categories, the subject is the same, it's about you...Artie Van Why

Minimalize this all and speak less about yourself in 3rd person.

6 Which of the above mentioned categories would you, yourself, be interested in?

Seems like a similar answer to your question number 2

7 Your opinion on the overall design.

It's not spectacular, brighten it up, dump the blue block areas, place your content into content areas with borders, make the site similar all the sections.

8 Do you like the color scheme used and the font and font sizes?

Same answer for your question 7

9 Do you find the website tasteful; given the subject matter?

To me it's all about you, if you want people to write their own stories there, make it more convenient for them, and let them know. It appears to be your own accounts of the incident and only about you.

10 And, lastly, any grammar or punctuation errors?

Honestly am not going to read it to check, my eyes were going buggy, and didn't feel like reading all the content.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.