Active / inactive Class with date function

Joepiooo1988

Hi all,

Recently, I have spent time on making an active / inactive class for a CMS system that I am making with a friend. Works fine now but now suddenly we were thinking of making a function to add that you can enter a date that he becomes active. So I want a text that will be active tomorrow. When I set the date to 25-05-2012 it will be active on that date.

Now I honestly do not exactly know where to start and finding a good tutorial for something similar is hard. Does anyone can help me out a bit with this?

thanks

Joep

How are you currently getting classes that are inactive / active - is it just a switch (on|off, 0|1 etc?). You'll need to added a "publish_date" or "activate_date" column to the table your store your data in. (Or create a table and join the two together).

When creating a class, add in the publish_date to each entry. Then when pulling data from the database, make sure that the publish_date is > NOW(). Hopefully a good starting point, it's more simple than you may first imagine.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.