PHP Post coding - could someone explain what Im doing wrong please?

shabbaranks

Hi all,

Im currently modifying some example code for a form which a user submits. Initially the form asked the user to input thier username but I have managed to get it so that the username is populated from the current user login. What I am struggling to do is understand how the $post works.

Am I correct in thinking that

<tr>
<td> Name</td>
<td input name="contactname" id="contactname" class"secondary-bfe-inputs" value=>'$current_user->display_name.'</td>
</tr>

is holding the value of $current_user->display_name. and where I use

'.$_POST['contactname'].'

will show the value?

If not could you explain what I should be doing please? Thanks

Ah ok - Im not too sure whats going on here but I had it working. Re started the server and now its not displaying again  :shrug: the code I now have is

<td>Name</td>
<td> <input type="text" input name="contactname" disabled="true" id="contactname" class="secondary-bfe-inputs" value='.$current_user->display_name.' /></td>

if I change the type="text" to type='text' the page doesnt work. Also my <?php tags are at the start and the end of the page hence why they arent in the above code.

Thanks

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.