Undefined Index

HDFilmMaker2112

okay, I'll have to live with it then.

It's because I'm using Mod_Rewrite on a few on my URLs.

For example domain.com/index.php?signup is accessible  as domain.com/signup, but if you type index.php?signup in the address bar it still works. So I'm catching stuff after the "?" as $key and then comparing it to see if $key is equal to the values that I've rewritten with mod_rewrite, and if it is redirecting to the rewritten url.

It's included in function.php which I call on some pages that don't have a ? in the URL so it throws a notice on those pages apparently.

FYI, The query string (everything after the ?) is available in $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].  No need to try and parse it out of the request uri.

True story. Listen to this man.

I tried using this but it sent the browser into a indefinite loop and eventually ended in a browser alert saying something along the lines of "This page is trying to redirect in a way that will never load.".  It would work fine for URLs that have the question mark in them, but I'd end up with the alert on pages that didn't.

So index.php?signup would redirect to /signup, but /signup would never actually load because it lacked the question mark. Or atleast that's what it seemed like was going.

This is what I was using:

if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])){
$key=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
}

Using the method you posted I have no issues what so ever.

FYI, The query string (everything after the ?) is available in $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'].  No need to try and parse it out of the request uri.

True story. Listen to this man.

I tried using this but it sent the browser into a indefinite loop and eventually ended in a browser alert saying something along the lines of "This page is trying to redirect in a way that will never load.".  It would work fine for URLs that have the question mark in them, but I'd end up with the alert on pages that didn't.

So index.php?signup would redirect to /signup, but /signup would never actually load because it lacked the question mark. Or atleast that's what it seemed like was going.

This is what I was using:

if(isset($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])){
$key=$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
}

Using the method you posted I have no issues what so ever.

$_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'] is always "set", but it will be an empty string if no query string is present. So, you need to check if it is empty and not set.

if (!empty($_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'])) {
$key = $_SERVER['QUERY_STRING'];
}

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.