Allow users to create blogs

I don't know if this is already implemented, but it would be nice for PHPFreaks to host blogs for users - if this was free I think a lot of people would use it and it would benefit the forum with plenty of new content which, in turn, would boost SERP's

Yeah, I noticed but was looking for somewhere for a normal user to post blogs, I was thinking about it before, and maybe it should be restricted to reputable users with x+ posts, and then have to be verified by a staff member, so you don't get people giving bad advice or spamming websites/black hat SEO methods.

Yeah, I noticed but was looking for somewhere for a normal user to post blogs, I was thinking about it before, and maybe it should be restricted to reputable users with x+ posts, and then have to be verified by a staff member, so you don't get people giving bad advice or spamming websites/black hat SEO methods.

We actually at one point in time in the past did have a separate "Author" group, where you pretty much just had to be a registered member and ask for it.  That was available for like a year and in all that time only like 3 people joined, didn't post anything on the main site, and eventually removed themselves from the Author group.  So we just ditched that group.

But right now, what you said... that is more or less how the current restrictions effectively are.  When a member has been around a while, has x+ posts, and gives decent advice, not being a complete asshat in the community...someone in Guru+ can nominate that member to become a Guru and other Guru+ can vote yay or nay and if the yay's win, they become a Guru, which gives them access to make blogs/tutorials.

So...so far IMO there isn't much reason to just give open access to regular members; trying that in the past did not generate the interest we had hoped for, and putting restrictions on it like that..we already do that.  IOW my personal vote is to keep it as-is. 

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.