Forced onto mac and coda... pls help

freelance84

OK, started a new job and have been forced onto a mac  :intoxicated: ... all the usual windows to mactards have been and gone... however I am also required to use Coda. It's not bad. But one key feature seems to be missing. Coda does not highlight opening and closing brackets, personally I love bracket highlighting and is incredibly useful when browsing other peoples scripts... so...

Does anyone know a way to turn on bracket highlighting in Coda?

or/

Does anyone know a small light weight & free editor for mac which offers bracket highlighting... by lightweight I mean something as lightweight as notepad++ or crimson editor. I have a 2.53GHz core 2 duo which is already crawling with the VM and svn and all the other instant messaging and emailing crap on here :)

Thanks,

John

Anything Java-based should run on OSX. There are a ton of those.

I think you're running into memory issues, not CPU issues. A full-featured IDE shouldn't take much CPU time, and a 2.5Ghz Core2 should be tons for a development environment.

Check out TextWrangler for a notepad++ alternative. Search the preferences for 'balance'

Possible Coda solution - https://groups.google.com/group/coda-users/msg/2379b9a3bcf1c6d6

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.