Database for each user

Hello everybody i am new here and a total beginner when it comes to php so pls be patient with me.

To make my job(accountant for a small firm that buys and sells different products) a hell of a lot easier i searched and found a free web app made with php,java,ajax,jquerry,jqgrid that does exactly what i need: easy stock product management including invoices,notices,receipts and stuff like that.

I downloaded it and uploaded to a domain that i bought and it works great.

Now my problem.This app uses 2 mysql databases:

-the first is used for user registration/login details and company details(which are a lot more than people think)

-the second is used for information regarding product movement,invoices,receipts,notices ...everything i need to do my job.

The guy who made it(which is nowhere to be found) made it so that for a new company a new database(the second type) can be created and thus making it possible for one user to have multiple companies each one with its own database.

I need to know how to assign a registered user on the site to its separate database so that when they log in they can manage their own company just like an user account.

Right now everybody who registers has access to my company's database and my company details.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Sounds like a major flaw in the script that was created.  You shouldn't need a separate database for each user / company in the system.  You can do so by having a normalized database instead.

You will need to provide more information about the application more specifically provide a link to the application because right now this is way to generic for anyone to debug.

~awjudd

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.