Looking for simple news script

str0kes

Hello guys,

thanks for viewing my first post here. I am new on php, started to learn it. Well,  I am looking for simple news script. All I found till now are a bit complex for me. I need to understand first how this script work. All I need is for example:

Todays news

1. News one - 08/07/2012

2. News two - 08/07/2012

Old news

1. news one - 07/07/2012

2. news two - 06/07/2012

Well, the script which automatically moves news to the archive (old news table on database) at the end of the day. I would like to fin such script and with comments, to understand how the things are working.

Thanks in advance

Think about it logically, how does this script work and what do you need?

To add news you need a page, with a text input for subject, a text area for content in a form with a submit button, this links up to a php script which then in return takes those values from the previous form, and puts them in the database.

You need a page which displays news, this will contain a looper that gets all news out the database and displays it.

You need a script on cron job (timed on the server) so that the script will run at a specific time every day (to move news to old news)

And from there you can start building more exciting features like editing and deleting news etc :) a fancy text area maybe?

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.