Deleting multiple entries getting error!

oraya

Hi could someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.  I've been trying to figure it out for a couple hours.  I am trying to set up a page (Floral Catalogue) where the user can delete multiple entries in the database.  The form has a checkbox that is used to delete the rows in the database.  It works fine and deletes the items, but after the delete I get this error

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\testfolder\index-two.php on line 38

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\testfolder\index-two.php on line 39

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\testfolder\index-two.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\testfolder\index-two.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_result() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in D:\EasyPHP-5.3.9\www\testfolder\index-two.php on line 42

It relates to where I set the variables for the data pulled in from the database.  What am I doing wrong?  Any help would be so gratefully received, as it's driving me nuts trying to figure out what I'm doing wrong.  I know what the error means, well I'm pretty sure I do.  It means that you have to have the database connection first before you set the variables.  Or am I wrong?

Anyway if anyone could help as I said I'd be so grateful .

Oraya

<?php
$table = 'floral_catalogue'; //TABLE TO OPEN 
$title = 'Testing the multi-delete form.'; //PAGE TITLE

include_once'_layout-header.php';
include_once'_dbconnect.php';

$query="SELECT * FROM $table";
$result=mysql_query($query);
$num=mysql_numrows($result);
?>
<br />
<br />
<div class="title"><?php echo $title; ?></div>
<form action="<?php echo htmlentities($_SERVER['PHP_SELF']); ?>" method="post">
<!-- HIDDEN FIELDS DO NOT EDIT -->
<input type="hidden" name="table" value="<?php echo $table; ?>" />
<!-- END OF HIDDEN FIELDS -->
<table>
<tr>
    <td style="padding-left: 10px;">File:</td>
    <td style="padding-left: 10px;">Name:</td>
    <td style="padding-left: 10px;">Description</td>
    <td style="padding-left: 10px;">Delete:</td>
</tr>
<?php

$i=0;
while ($i < $num) {

$id=mysql_result($result,$i,"id");
$location=mysql_result($result,$i,"location");
$name=mysql_result($result,$i,"name");
$description=mysql_result($result,$i,"description");
$image_file=mysql_result($result,$i,"image_file");

if(!isset($_POST['submitted'])){
?>

<tr>
<td style="width: 75px; height: 75px; background-image: url(<?php echo $location . $image_file ?>); background-size:75px 75px;">
    </td>

<td style="width: 150px; height: 50px; padding-left: 10px;">
    <?php echo $name; ?>
    </td>

<td style="width: 390px; height: 50px; padding: 10px;">
    <?php echo $description; ?>
    </td>

<td style="width: 75px; height: 75px; vertical-align: middle; text-align: center; background-color: #F6F4F2;">
    <input type="checkbox" name="checkbox[]" id="checkbox[]"  value="<?php echo $id; ?>" />
    </td>
</tr>

<?php
}else{
    include_once'_dbconnect.php';

$table = mysql_real_escape_string( $_POST["table"] );
$del_checkbox = $_POST['checkbox'];
$del_items = implode(",", $del_checkbox);

$sql="DELETE FROM $table WHERE id IN ($del_items)";

$result = mysql_query( $sql ) or die( mysql_error() );

}

$i++;
} // END OF THE LOOP
?>

<input type="submit" name="submitted" value="Delete Selected Items" class="button" />
<div class="clearer"></div>
</table>
<input type="submit" name="submitted" value="Delete Selected Items" class="button" />
</form>
<?php
mysql_close();
include_once'_layout-footer.php';
?>

Your code inside of the while(){} loop is reusing the $result variable, so after the first pass through the loop, $result no longer contains the result resource from the select query. Make sure you know which variable you are using where.

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.