Looking for sponsors for my website or advice

chmpdog

Hello,

I am looking for sponsors (or just advice on how to get sponsors), so I can move forward with my website. I'll provide you with a little background as to what my site is first so you have a general idea. RushHunt.com is an online scavenger hunt website that gives away prizes for free. Everything is paid for by advertisers, and in exchange the scavenger hunt will go through their website. The gain is it will allow my users to search, and learn about specific products or deals on the advertisers website.

RushHunt needs first time sponsors to get "the ball rolling", and that's why I have posted here. I am looking for companies interested in becoming sponsors, so if you have a business I'd love to work something out with you. If not, any advice on how to get sponsors, or if you know any websites that you think I should contact for sponsorship I would love to hear what you have to say.

Thanks!

I would say the first thing to do is clean up the design. It looks a little...tacky. I don't think the design looks very professional.

Secondly, I think you're going to need to make up a nice little brochure type thing. A nice list of why such-and-such company would benefit from investing in your website. Because let's be honest, nobody is going to invest in your site because of generosity - they need to get something out of it too. So, you need to convince them that it is a good business decision. How are you going to do that? Well, I don't know - but hopefully it gives you something to think about.

More to the point, like scootstah said, what do sponsors get out of the deal?  You're in a bit of a catch-22: the prize needs to be valuable enough so the business generated by its publicity outweighs its cost.

Your best bet would be to contact local businesses that offer easily replaceable/reproducible products/services.  A free pizza from the local pizza shop, a free cut and/or color from the local salon, that sort of thing.  You'll need to convince them that what they give away for free will be more than made up for by the extra publicity.  And, at the beginning, you may need to foot the bill for that yourself until your local partners actually see a rise in business.

Long story short, no one is going to give you something for free.  It needs to benefit them as well, and you'll need to convince them that the arrangement is mutually beneficial.

I would suggest maybe take money out of your own pocket to get the ball rolling, something such as:

- An Amazon Gift Card

- A Year Long Magazine Subscription

- Cash

Start small, once more and more members start using your service, start getting ads (preferably BuySellAds.com) on the site to help pay for the prizes, and soon ads will be paying for your prizes and left overs will be income for you or website maintenance.

I would think most companies wouldn't want to give you things for free unless it is going to benefit them (like said above).

This thread is more than a year old. Please don't revive it unless you have something important to add.